iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation
iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation, is a research-based transformative practice of deep relaxation and meditative inquiry, which is currently being utilized in VA hospitals, military bases, hospitals and clinics, hospice, homeless shelters, community programs, and schools. Research has shown that iRest effectively reduces PTSD, depression, anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain, and chemical dependency while increasing health, resiliency, and well-being.
iRest is integrative, in that it heals the various unresolved issues, traumas, and wounds that are present in the body and mind. It is restorative in that it aids its practitioners in recognizing their underlying peace of mind that is always present amidst all changing circumstances of life.
People using iRest report:
- Decreased stress, anxiety, fear and depression
- Decreased insomnia and sleep disturbances
- Decreased perception of chronic and acute pain
- Improved interpersonal relations
- Increased energy levels
- Increased sense of control in their lives
- More confidence and joy in their lives
- Greater sense of peace and well-being
Chelsea Morriss is a certified level 1 iRest teacher and offers both individual and group sessions. She has been working with iRest with veterans suffering from PTSD on island for the past 3 years.